The Grit Your Teeth and Smile Version of:
Bonnie Dalzell's Frequently Stated Answers About Borzois
the Questions that Inspired them
These fall into several categories:
Humorous (this document) | Serious
| Annoyed [I thought of other names for this
category but this a page open to the general public, children and gerbils.]
Borzoi owners! forward your contributions of questions/answers for this page
to our Bulletin Board.
I will then add them
to this document. All contributions will be credited.
- What is it?
- It's a Borzoi is a large swift running hunting dog from Russia.
They look like a large winterized greyhound with a silky coat and a long skinny
- An old name for the breed is "Russian Wolf Hound". Borzoi breeders do not
like to call them this for several reasons. First, it is not the correct name
for the breed. Secondly people tend to confuse them with Irish Wolf Hounds.
- Borzoi is pronounced Bore zoy - rhymes with "more toy" not "bozo".
- The singular and plural are the same - Borzoi.
- Hey lady - do you know that your dog is stupid because its head is so
- No, the thought never occurred to me.
- Actually the brain case in the skull is about the same size as in any dog
of this weight. However the skull looks flat and narrow because there are no
frontal sinuses and because the cheek bones (zygomatic arches) are flattened
Dalzell's Home Page|
Silkenswift Home Page|
Borzois.com main page